With HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method, you’ll learn how to use your natural birthing instincts, free yourself from fears and negative emotions surrounding birthing and be aware and in full control as your body remains deeply relaxed.
HypnoBirthing® is both a philosophy and a technique that introduces hypnosis, a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel and the choices we make. Almost anyone who chooses to can reach deep relaxation and redirect their focus. Birthing becomes a calm, relaxed experience, without the fear and tension that cause pain. The body’s natural anesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones and when it’s time for the baby to be born, the birthing person is empowered, confident and peaceful.
What we explore week by week:
- Week 1: Building a positive expectancy
- Week 2: Falling in love with your baby / Preparing mind & body
- Week 3: Getting ready to welcome your baby
- Week 4: Overview of childbirth ~ A labor of love
- Week 5: Birthing ~ Breathing love, bringing life
- Breathing techniques that quickly create a state of relaxation and comfort
- Positions and techniques to bring about a deeper level of relaxation
- Visualizations to make birthing easier
- Methods to bring about a natural start to labor
- What to expect during the last few weeks, at the onset and during labor and how the body will work with you
- How to clear anxieties, limiting beliefs or fear surrounding birth
- How the birth companion can help and be a real part of the birth
Classes take place on 5 consecutive Sunday mornings.
Fee includes the pregnant person + one support person.Date(s): September 19, 2021 - October 17, 2021 Time: 10:30am - 1:00pm Investment: $0.00 Location: Zoom link provided upon registration
Bookings are closed for this event.