The transition to parenthood is a rite of passage, one that should be experienced with community. Let us be that community for you! Join other parents with babies 0-6 months old as we walk through this season of life together, building a safe space and intentional community over the course of 6 weeks.
This is a collaboration among family-centered, NYC-based organizations – Doulas en Español, Uptown Village Cooperative, and The Birthing Place – with a specific focus on the needs and experiences of BIPOC parents.
Week 1: Birth processing
- The way we birth and how we feel about it matters
- Processing and honoring the ceremony of birth with storytelling, just as our ancestors did
Week 2: Infant feeding and newborn sleep
- What’s normal for infant feeding and sleep
- Ways to find the best rhythm for your new family
Week 3: Postpartum changes
- How our identities and relationships shift postpartum
- Welcoming physical and emotional changes through focusing on healing and self care
Week 4: Relationships
- Creating healthy boundaries
- Nuances of building your postpartum village and what that can look like
Week 5: Promoting overall family wellness
- What it looks like for your new and growing family to thrive
- Preserving or letting go of old traditions while creating new ones
Week 6: Finances and career
- Exploring your relationship to work and the way you think about finances
- Navigating changes and finding solutions that work for your family
Support group meets for 6 consecutive Tuesday mornings.
Fee is per person.
Seats sponsored by Bronx Healthy Start are available. To qualify, participants must be residents of the Bronx, NY.Date(s): October 12, 2021 - November 16, 2021 Time: 11:00am - 12:30pm Investment: $100.00 Location: Zoom link provided upon registration