Sometimes a cesarean birth is the healthiest choice for the pregnant person and the baby. Designed to supplement and complement our childbirth education offerings, this class provides an opportunity for pregnant individuals to gain a better understanding of how best to prepare for a cesarean birth.
This class is ideal for folks who may be scheduled for a C-section as well as for those who simply want to become better aware and more equipped in the event one becomes necessary. Families attending this class will learn what to expect physically, emotionally, and during the recovery process.
- Cesarean birth basics
- Difference between planned, non-emergent and emergent cesareans
- Preparing for the experience
- Navigating the operating room
- Tips for before, during and after the birth
- Bonding with baby
- Defining your C-section preferences
- Birthing person’s recovery and healing journey
- Best positions for breast/body feeding
- Considerations for future births
Class is a mix of lecture, video, and discussion.
Packed with lots of insightful information and practical tips, this 90-min class is valued at $95 and offered at no cost.
A suggested donation between $20-$95 to the Bring The Birthing Place to The Bronx fundraiser is appreciated (www.givebutter.com/birthingplacebx)Date(s): December 5, 2022 Time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm Investment: $0.00 Location: Zoom link provided upon registration