A 5-hr class ideal for first-time parents looking for an in-depth overview of the birthing process within the NYC landscape. Experienced parents looking for a refresher are also welcome.
This intimate sized class, led by two well seasoned doulas & educators, helps a pregnant person explore their own readiness and connection to their body while uplifting the birth partner’s sense of confidence in their support role.
- Labor process
- When to transfer to the birthing location
- Coping techniques with and without an epidural
- Tips for birth partners
- Advocacy for family-centered care
- Common medical interventions, including pain medication and C-section prevention
- Exploring your birth preferences
- Postpartum recovery and integration
Class is a mix of lecture, video, discussion and practice.
Fee includes the pregnant person + support person.Date(s): July 10, 2021 Time: 1:00pm - 6:00pm Investment: $275.00 Location: Zoom link provided upon registration