Our most comprehensive childbirth preparation course. Ideal for first-time parents interested in a thorough and comprehensive view of all aspects of birthing including self-care planning for the immediate days and weeks after birthing. This series is taught over three consecutive weeks to allow expectant families to slowly digest and integrate the material.
1st Class: Understanding labor (Jun 9)
- Getting ready – physically, mentally, and emotionally
- Role of hormones in the labor process
- Managing limiting thoughts
- Key physical and emotional signs of labor
- Timing contractions and when to go to the birth location
2nd Class: Exploring your birth options (Jun 16)
- Informed advocacy
- Labor coping techniques with and without an epidural
- Importance of having the right labor environment
- Physiology of pushing and how to prevent tearing
- Awareness of the most common medical interventions, including pain medication, labor induction, and approaches to C-section prevention
3rd Class: Preparing for your 4th trimester (Jun 23)
- Physical, mental, and emotional aspects of recovery
- Self-care planning for the immediate days and weeks after birthing
- Finding balance between your needs and the needs of the newborn
- Getting to know your baby
- Exploring your feeding options
- Common feeding challenges and when to get lactation support
- Key items to consider before birthing
Classes are a mix of lecture, video and discussion and take place on 3 consecutive Friday mornings.
Packed with lots of insightful information and practical tips, this 3-week series valued at $300, is brought to you in partnership with The Bronx Health Link and offered at no cost.
A suggested donation between $50-$300 to the Bring The Womb Bus to The Bronx fundraiser is appreciated (www.givebutter.com/birthingplacebx)