The transition to parenthood is a rite of passage, one that should be experienced with community. Let us be that community for you!
Join other parents with babies 0-8 months old as we walk through this season of life together, building a safe space and intentional community over the course of 6 weeks. This group aims to provide specific focus on the needs and experiences of BIPOC parents.
Week 1: Birth processing (Oct 10)
- The way we birth and how we feel about it matters
- Processing and honoring the ceremony of birth with storytelling, just as our ancestors did
Week 2: Infant feeding and newborn sleep (Oct 17)
- What’s normal for infant feeding and sleep
- Ways to find the best rhythm for your new family
Week 3: Postpartum changes (Oct 24)
- How our identities and relationships shift postpartum
- Welcoming physical and emotional changes through focusing on healing and self care
Week 4: Relationships (Oct 31)
- Creating healthy boundaries
- Nuances of building your postpartum village and what that can look like
Week 5: Promoting overall family wellness (Nov 7)
- What it looks like for your new and growing family to thrive
- Keeping, letting go and creating new family traditions
Week 6: Finances and career (Nov 14)
- Exploring your relationship to work and the way you think about finances
- Navigating changes and finding solutions that work for your family
This series is offered free of charge in collaboration with The Bronx Health Link and Doulas en Español.