Epidural anesthesia is the most popular method of pain relief used in labor. Statistics show that more than 50% of people giving birth at hospitals request it.
Designed to supplement and complement our childbirth education offerings, this 90-min class will explore all facets of this option. By understanding the myths and facts of the use of epidural anesthesia you will be better prepared to make informed decisions during labor.
- Types of epidurals and how they work
- Health considerations that may prevent epidural usage
- Administration and the epidural package
- Advantages & disadvantages
- Possible risks to the birthing person and the newborn
- Tips for laboring and pushing with an epidural
Class is a mix of lecture and discussion.
Cancellations and Refunds:
- All transactions are considered a final sale
- No refunds will be given after 48 hours of initial registration (i.e., the time when class is booked)
- Within 48 hours of initial registration, a refund will be given minus a $5 administrative fee
NOTE: This class is intended specifically for pregnant families. If you are a doula and/or birth professional interested in auditing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
After you submit your contact details, you’ll complete your registration with a credit card on the next page.