Epidural anesthesia is the most popular method of pain relief used in labor. Statistics show that more than 50% of people giving birth at hospitals request it.
Designed to supplement and complement our childbirth education offerings, this 90-min class will explore all facets of this option. By understanding the myths and facts of the use of epidural anesthesia you will be better prepared to make informed decisions during labor.
- Types of epidurals and how they work
- Health considerations that may prevent epidural usage
- Administration and the epidural package
- Advantages & disadvantages
- Possible risks to the birthing person and the newborn
- Tips for laboring and pushing with an epidural
Class is a mix of lecture and discussion.
Packed with lots of insightful information and practical tips, this 90-min class, valued at $125, is offered at no cost.
A suggested donation between $25-$125 to the Bring The Womb Bus to The Bronx fundraiser is appreciated (www.givebutter.com/birthingplacebx)
NOTE: This class is intended specifically for pregnant families. If you are a doula and/or birth professional interested in auditing, please email email@example.com